The correlation and interaction between matter & vibration
Including the process of physical, mental, & emotional entrainment
Everything vibrates. This is a fundamental principle of the universe. This includes not just matter and energy in all forms, but even thoughts and emotions. This is not the place to elaborate, but suffice to say that everything that exists is a manifistation of different rates and modes of vibration.
The vibrational rate of any one thing can be influenced by the vibration of another thing. The more similar the two things are, the more they can affect each other. For example, a violin playing a particular note will cause a nearby violin to resonate with the same note. A person expressing a particular emotion can influence those nearby to feel the same emotion.
This phenomonon can be employed to practical purposes by using a technique known as entrainment. Entrainment is the deliberate application of specific frequencies to achieve a desired result, such as improved physical or mental health.
The source of the vibration can include devices that emit controlled frequencies of light, sound, electrical stimulation, electromagnetic waves, physical motion, etc. The method of transferrence can be through the senses, physical contact, thought, etc.
This page lists some of the effects that various frequencies are known to cause. It's important to understand the importance of several variables when using these frequencies. For example, if research was performed using EM waves, the same results may not -- and probably won't -- be achieved with sound. Or direct contact with the wave generator may be necessary. Quite often, two or more frequencies are required to be used simultaneously.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here should only be used for general referance, and as a starting point to learning, NOT AS A RELIABLE SOURCE FOR HEALING MODALITIES. SOME FREQUENCIES ARE KNOWN TO CAUSE HARM. The research is new and ongoing, and there is widespread disagreement on all facets. As noted above, there are many variables to consider, and these variables have not been outlined here. Experiment at your own risk.
Major Frequencies & Frequency RangesTOP
Listed below are the major ranges of frequencies that have been explored by current research. As with color and sound, the dividing lines are arbitrary; there is no clear division between the ranges, which blend inperceptively into one another. Various researchers have their own preference as to where each range should begin and end. So when you see multiple listings for a range, they reflect these differing opinions.
CYCLES PER SECOND
1000 kHz / 1,000,000 Hz
1000 MHz / 1,000,000,000 Hz
1000 GHz / 1,000,000,000,000 Hz
1000 THz / 1,000,000,000,000,000 Hz
Significant Sound Frequencies
Click the frequency to listen to a sample tone
CAUTION: Set your volume low for the samples
Lower end of human hearing (If you can't hear 16hz, try 36hz)
Lowest note on a piano (Sample may not be audible. Pianos are much louder.)
Schumann Resonance. 34 Hz is the 2nd octave (4th harmonic) of 8.5 Hz, which is currently the average resonant frequency of Earth (It's been rising lately). 68 Hz is the 4th octave (8th harmonic); provided for those who can't hear 34 Hz.
Lower end of vocal range
Frequency of OM (Amen), the source vibration of sound, from which all sounds arise. Based on planetary orbits; it is the 32nd octave of the Earth year.
Most harmonious tone in music. Watch the video, and see music chart below.
Pineal activation. Decalcify the pineal gland.
Highest note on a piano (Be sure to use low volume for high frequency samples)
Upper end of vocal range
Upper end of human hearing (Sample not available in this range. MP3 conversion removes high frequencies. Visit the Online Tone Generator to hear any frequency up to 20 kHz.)
Many standards for music have been used throughout history. Several different standards are in use today in different parts of the world. One commonality is that they all consist of different "notes" that bear a relationship with each other, and have have a pleasing or discordant impact on human hearing, depending on how these notes are combined with each other.
Each musical standard begins with a fundamental key note of a particular frequency. A mathematical rule is applied to the fundamental to create a scale of remaining notes, typically five to seven in the scale. By nature, one or more of the notes in the scale will have a frequency with a fractional number. There is no way to avoid this and still produce a harmonious range of notes. With one exception....
When the fundamental note A4 is equal to 432 Hz, and a diatonic scale in the key of G is formed, using F sharp, we get what is known as the Wholesome Scale. 432 Hz is the only frequency capable of producing a harmonious music scale using only frequencies of whole numbers.
Wholesome Music Scale
Click the frequency to hear a sample
Each note in the scale reduces to 3, 6, or 9. Notes 174, 285, and 963 were not part of the original set, which consisted of six notes. They were added in more recent times to complete the numerological pattern.
Click the frequency to listen to a sample. Use low volume for higher frequencies
See the Practical Applications chart for other benefits
The differential between the notes
Not part of the original set.
Not part of the original set.
Root chakra (Muladhara). Liberating guilt & fear.
Sacral chakra (Swadhisthana). Undoing situations & facilitating change.
Solar Plexus (Navel) chakra (Hara / Manipura). Transformation & miracles. DNA repair.
Heart chakra (Anahata). Connecting / Relationships.
Throat chakra (Vishuddha). Awakening intuition.
Brow (Third Eye) chakra (Ajna). Returning to spiritual order.
Crown chakra (Sahasrara). Not part of the original set.
As with other frequencies, color values merge imperceptably into one another across a continuous spectrum. There is no absolute division, so boundaries are arbitraily assigned by different researchers.
The third column is the frequency at the middle of the color's THz range, reduced by 40 octaves, and rounded to the nearest whole number. This translates it into a numerical value that is within the range of normal human hearing. Doing the calculations made me wonder if this is how the brain processes synesthetic experiences.
-40th Octave of
Longer than 750
Lower than 400
Click the frequency below to listen to the sound of the respective color
625 - 750
400 - 480
590 - 625
480 - 510
565 - 590
510 - 530
500 - 565
530 - 600
Cyan (See note)
485 - 500
600 - 620
Blue (See note)
450 - 485
620 - 670
380 - 450
670 - 790
Shorter than 380
Higher than 790
NOTE: You may have learned the spectrum as "red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet."
Isaac Newton -- who discovered that prisms can separate white light into colors -- divided the spectrum (a term he coined) into seven ranges for numerological concerns and to associate colors with music values. Newton assigned the name "blue" to the color known today as cyan; while Newton's "indigo" corresponds to today's blue. The frequency ranges haven't been changed; only the terms used to describe them.
The human form has its own unique set of frequencies, rhythms, and cycles. Some of these patterns are very stable, with optimal health being strongly dependent on that stability. Others are quite flexible and may vary from day to day, or even minute to minute. Some are largely a matter of choice, while others can only be influenced by human will after long training and strict discipline.
Human Cycles & Patterns
RESONANCE FREQUENCY and
DESCRIPTION / NOTES / COMMENTS
Multiple shades of overlapping complexity
There's no one frequency or pattern for the brain. The rhythms of the brain change continuously throughout the day and night, through wakefulness and sleeping. The patterns change with physical activity, mental activity, the emotional state, and environmental effects. There can be multiple patterns and cycles playing out at any one time, all in constant flux.
Sleep / Wakefullness
See the section on States of Consciousnes for resonance frequencies
Cyclic pattern: 1-3 / day
People are highly resiliant where sleep is concerned. But we are built that way as a matter of necessity. Failure to recognize and comply with natural body rhythms can cause lasting physical and emotional health concerns. And remember that sleep is only half of the cycle. Everybody is aware that sleep has multiple stages, ranging from drowsiness to dreaming to dreamless unconsciousness, but the waking state is equally complex. See the section below for more on this.
Frequency is too high for current science to measure.
Cyclic patterns vary with the individual.
Although emotions don't have a specific periodicity, they do follow a pattern. Emotions swing back and forth between their opposites; the greater the swing to one direction, the greater the swing to the opposite. Like fluctuates with dislike, love with hate. Sadness balances with happiness; despair with glee. Fear finds its twin with courage, bravery pairs to terror. The good news is that you are the only one who can decide what you feel. Nobody can make you happy, but nobody can make you sad. It is your choice express vengeance; it is your choice to forgive. Become the master of your emotions, not their slave.
Many emotional ailments find a home to settle down in with the shoulders. If you experience problems with the neck and shoulders, it's a good bet that there's emotional history involved.
60-100 beats / min
Many factors influence heart rhythms: Age, weight, height, physique, athletic history, illness, and substance use (whether pharmaceutical or recreational). But there is much more to the heart than pushing blood alone its path. A "broken heart" isn't just a saying; it is a very real result of grief. Hatred darkens the heart and leads to very real disorders. By contrast, a stong mental and emotional constitution contributes to a strong heart. And allowing one's life to be guided by the heart leads to a life of fulfillment.
The hands are an important means of expression. They can serve to convey conceptual ideas, and can be a bridge for transferring energy. Sign language is an example of the first; healing techniques an example of the second. A simple touch can speak more than words or heal deep wounds. Much about an individual is written in their hands and how a person uses them.
12-20 breaths / min
As with the heartbeat, there are many variables. Adding to those for the heart is that it is a simple matter to -- at least temporarily -- override the autonomic pattern. This is a subject on which entire books can be -- and have been -- written, so we can't elaborate in the limited space here. Suffice to say that regulation and mastery of the breath should be of highest priority for anyone seeking optimal physical health and advanced spiritual advancement.
STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS
Everybody is aware that there are several levels of sleep but this subject is much deeper than whether you are drowsy, dreaming, or in dreamless unconsciousness. More than that, even our waking consciousness is multi-leveled.
Research in this field is all over the map, with no concensus on anything. Researchers dispute the lower and upper ranges of the various states, the nature and effects of each state, what influences the onset of the various states, and even the proper names for the states. Some areas are very well documented, but most "authorities" can't even define exactly what consciousness actually is, or why it is.
The prevailing view in the current paradigm is that consciousness arises from brain activity, which puts them on the wrong track from the outset. Consciousness does not "arise" from anything. Consciousness is primary. It is the brain -- and everything else -- that is born from consciousness, in the image of Cosmic Mind. But that's a topic for a different discussion.
In any event, the table below provides a brief look at what is known so far.
< 0.1 or 1 Hz
Altered states of consciousness, astral projection, inspiration, insight.
0.5 or 1 Hz
to 3 or 4 Hz
Deep, dreamless sleep. Increased immune functions.
1.3 - 5.5 Hz
See Mid Theta
4 - 7 Hz
A relaxed, transitional state between waking and sleeping. Creativity, intuition, inspiration. Improved memory and focus. Enhanced psychic ability. At around 5 or 6 hz, visions, conscious dreams.
5.5 - 8 Hz
See Mid Theta
8 or 9 Hz
to 12 or 14 Hz
Relaxed and awake, but with an inner focus; generally not aware of outer conditions, but easily aroused by external stimuli. Intuition, inspiration. This state is typically experienced as one is beginning to drift into sleep.
12 - 15 Hz
Waking state. Alert mental activity.
15 - 18 Hz
Waking state. Alert mental activity.
15 or 18 Hz
to 30 or 40 Hz
Insufficient research at this time. Also, there is little concensus about the upper and lower limits of each Beta range, or their effects, or even the proper names of the ranges.
30 or 40 Hz to 60 Hz
Research is scanty but this range seems to be involved with highly focused information processing. It's been in conjunction with other frequencies for astral travel and psychic abilities.
60 - 120 Hz
There has been very little research, but it shows central nervous system activity.
How high can you go?
THE VOICE / INTONEMENTTOP
It's not always a matter of a specific frequency. The spoken word is the most fundamental form of vibration and carries great power within it. "Curse" words are called that because they originate in vocal intonations that can be quite harmful. The statement that "words can never hurt me" couldn't be more wrong. Choose your words carefully. They still carry power, even if the direction of that power has been forgotten. Using words without understanding their deeper meaning is like wildly waving a sword around in a dark room.
For more information, watch the video Science of Vowels
Regulate the heart & blood supply to various parts of the body
Strengthen upper respiratory tract, clean digestive canal, energize mind
Benefit to throat, upper heart chamber, respiratory tract, intestines
Benefit to liver, stomach, large intestine
Benefit to kidneys, throat, respiratory tract, vocal chord.
Benefit to genitals & central respiratory system
Increase vital energy, purify the blood. Inhale while humming.
Keep mouth open during prolonged pronounciation, close during mmm.
Practice 1st phase with intention that evils have gone out;
close their re-entry in the 2nd phase
Vitalize the tongue & palate. Regulate hormonal function.
Laughter serves as repeated enunciation of this vowel and as a remedy for stress & depression
Today, people use words without much thought about what those words actually mean. But in times past, words were chosen with care and deliberation. Of great importance were the words that are used to greet someone or bid them farewell.
I recognize the presence of Divine Breath in you
The divinity in me recognizes and honors the divinity in you
I am another you
All are related
Chanting / Mantras
Below are the sounds that correspond to the major chakras. For a full explanation of their meaning, usage, and pronunciation, see the video The Divine Frequencies of the Larynx.
Peace, Unity, Fulfillment, Harmony
Intuition, Insight, Understanding
* Silence is not the simple absince of sound. It is the stage upon which the symphony is played. Without a canvas, there can be no painting. Without the instrument, there can be no music.
Affirmations are statements that embody the essence of a desired outcome. A goal or aspiration is first realized as a thought, an idea. When the idealized objective is expressed in words, it begins to take form on a higher vibrational plane. This is the beginning of materialization on the physical plane.
Some points to keep in mind when composing affirmations:
- Make the statement with clarity of mind. Know what it is you want to achieve. A half-hearted statement will receive half-hearted results.
- This blueprint doesn't have to be complete or detailed initially. In fact, it rarely is. Just make it as clear as possible, then modify it as you proceed. As your vision developes, the results will evolve with it. The actual words are not important; it is the thought behind them that gives them power.
- Don't ask for gifts, as a beggar hoping for a morsel. Make your statement athoritatively. What you seek belongs to you. Claim what is yours.
- Make your statement in the present tense, as if you are already in possession of your desires. Time is of no consequence and has no relevance to the forces that bring your ideals into reality. If you speak in the future tense -- "This is going to happen," "I will soon receive..." -- then your idea will remain unfulfilled, always a day away.
- Speak with confidence and faith, with the assurance that everything is proceeding according to your vision. If you speak with doubt, that doubt will flavor the result.
In the late 19th century, John Worrell Keely invented a motor that could bring power to the entire world at a cost no greater than that necessary to build his engine. He was prepared to do just that, until he was approached by a benefactor who offered to fund his research, provided he restricted it to pure research, without releasing a prototype. He saw the wisdom of this request and agreed. Little was ever heard of his work after that date.
His engine was powered by a process that Keely called "sympathetic vibration." Most people are familiar with the principle of harmonic resonance. Reesonance is an effect; sympathetic vibration is the cause of that effect. It is the vibration that is sympathetic to the fundamental vibration of another object. It is the implosive, female force that operates in balance with the explosive, male force.
With just those two paragraphs above, you probably have dozens of questions. The answers would require an entire website, so all that can be offered here are a few summary points:
- Keely agreed to restrict his efforts to pure research for one simple reason: The world wasn't ready for the level of power that his engine was capable of. You've seen what those with control of nuclear energy will do when they wield that kind of power. They are unable to restrain their desire to unleash its full potential. Keely's engine functioned on principles that were magnitudes of order more powerful than nuclear energy.
- People familiar with Nikola Tesla tend to view him as one of the greatest scientists to ever live. Tesla admitted that Keely's science was beyond his comprehension.
- Keely's engine was controlled by the power of the mind. He was the only person who could operate the early prototypes. He later developed models that anybody could operate.
- There were three working models that survived Keely. One of them was donated to a museum, where it remained for 50 years. It has since been stolen. There is a reward for its return.
- Dale Pond is probably the most knowledgeable authority on Keely's work. He has been studying Keely, his engine, and SVP (Sympathetic Vibratory Physics for many years. His website is SVPVRIL (See Vril) in the Glossary.
- To learn more about Keely and SVP, this lecture by Dale Pond is highly recommended: Dale Pond - The Basic Principles Of Sympathetic Vibratory Physics.
Some interesting frequencies that have been measured:
- Cat's purr: 27-44 Hz
- Schumann Resonance: When first measured in 1942, the frequency of Earth was 7.83 Hz. It can fluctuate quite a bit but lately the average has been rising, and is currently 8.5 Hz. The Schumann Resonance is used for grounding the human body, bringing it into harmony with the natural rhythm of Earth.
- Quartz Crystal: 2675 Hz (subharmonic). Use to clear quartz.
- Pyramid: 9.41 Hz (Measured outside). 33 Hz (Measured inside)
The frequencies below have been shown to have some connection with a particular body part, mental capacity, emotional quality, psychic ability, color, chakra, activity, etc. Details of these connections and confirmation of their existence is ongoing.
Adrenals: 10, 492.8 Hz
Bladder: 2.57, 82.3, 352 Hz
Blood: 4.6, 10.5, 147, 321.9, 586 Hz
Bone: 4-12, 418.3 Hz
Colon: 176 Hz
Ears: 10.7, 13, 685 Hz
Eyes: 12.3 Hz
Gall Bladder: 10 Hz
Genitals: 73.6, 147 Hz
Heart: 6.15, 10.5 Hz
Intestines: 2.67, 85.5, 171, 281.6 Hz
Kidneys: 4.11, 10, 132, 319.88 Hz
Liver: 3.84, 10, 317.83 Hz
Lungs: 5.35, 12, 171,220 Hz
Mouth / Speech: 8.22 Hz
Muscle: 4-12, 324 Hz
Nasal Passages: 10.2 Hz
Nervous System: 10, 13 Hz
Nose: 13 Hz
Ovaries: 3.44, 110 Hz
Pancreas: 3.84, 10, 117 Hz
Pineal: 15, 20 Hz
Pituitary: 7.83 Hz, 13, 31.32 Hz
Spleen: 4.6, 147 Hz
Stomach: 5.14, 10, 110 Hz
Thymus: 10.5 Hz
Thyroid, Parathyroid: 0.5, 12, 492.8
Reproductive system: 0.5, 12 Hz
Vision: 3 - 4 Hz
Vitality: 3.44 Hz
Vocal Chords: 12 Hz
As with the major ranges, researchers are not always in agreement about the effects that a particular frequency may have on the body or psyche. Some of the variables include:
- The number of test subects in a group and the duration of the testing.
- The type of equipment used and the environment of the test.
- The subjective nature of the reports, especially when reporting subconscious activity.
35 - 150
72 & 522
Alzheimer's (Using flickering lights & sound)
Pain and stress.
Cellular regeneration (healing physical injury).
Balance the Root chakra. Transmute negative emotions into their polar opposite.
Balance the Sacral chakra. Resolve negative energy & facillitate change.
Balance the Solar Plexus (Navel) chakra. DNA repair
Balance the Heart chakra.
Balance the Throat chakra.
Balance the Brow (Third Eye) chakra.
Balance the Crown chakra. Decalcify the pineal gland.
Fractures (Usually applied by electrical stimulation)
Pain relief (increased beta-endorphin production)
The primary frequencies used by Dr. Royal Raymond Rife for general treatment are:
20, 727, 787, 800, 880, 5000, and 10000 Hz.
Other frequencies were used for specific conditions. Often two or more frequencies were used in combination. Some (Many? Most?) Rife frequencies are unknown.
These frequencies explore the outer boundaries of known or proven science, and test the limits of current technology. The results are based largely on anecdotal reports, and are difficult to repeat under controlled conditions.
In Hz unless noted
7.8 - 8
38 - 40
120 - 500
150 kHz - 160 kHz
1.1 - 1.3 Mh
Altered states of consciousness
Astral projection, improved memory
Communication with the astral plane
Open 3rd Eye
Psychic abilities, psychokinesis
Communication with the astral plane
Communication with the astral plane
Communication with the astral plane
Communication with the astral plane. Vril frequency (Uh, no)
- Meditative Mind (Entrainment music)
- A YouTube channel that offers musical content consisting of mantras, chants, and simple tones that are focused on balancing the energies of the body, mind, emotions, and chakras. All of the music is composed at specific, beneficial entrainment frequencies.
- All songs consist of short segments -- typically no longer than a few minutes -- that have been seamlessly woven together to loop for several hours, most for about eight hours. None of the videos have ads or vocal narration; all can be played while sleeping, without any concern of being disturbed by sudden changes in volume or tempo.
- Online Tone Generator (Free tone creation tool)
- Simply enter a frequency and play it. The sample can be downloaded.
- You can change the waveform (Sine, Square, Sawtooth, Triangle), adjust the volume, play multiple tones, generate white noise, create binaural beats, simulate a metronome, conduct a hearing test, tune instruments, play a frequency that gradually changes into a different frequency, convert text to speech, or upload an audio file and change its pitch or tempo.
- Audacity (Free audio editor / recorder)
- - Record streaming audio
- - Set a file to play in a loop, or edit the file and fade the start/end points so the file can loop seamlessly in other audio players.
- - Copy music from one media (eg tape or LP) to another (CD, USB, your computer, etc).
- - Remove clicks & pops or unwanted audio, split a recording into separate tracks, stitch two files into one, create binaural beats, mix a vocal track with background music.
- - Easy to use, with an excellent online manual.
- BrainWave Generator (Entrainment Software)
- Software ($40) that generates binaural beats of frequencies designed to relax, modify habitual patterns, improve health, etc. Comes with 20 built-in programs, plus you can create your own programs.
- Lunarsight (Information)
- A comprehensive list of frequencies that affect the mind and body, along with notations and citations.
Harmonic Resonance: A collection of videos on cymatics, sound, and resonance.
- SOURCE (NOTE)
The Synchronicity of Number, Sound, & FormTOP
The magic of 432
A=432 Hertz Cymatics: Wave front formations in a drop of water.
This is how water responds to the frequency of 432 Hz. Your body is 60-70% water by volume; 99% by molecular count. If sound has this kind of influence on water, how is it influencing your body? Choose your music wisely.
For part 2, click here.